Main Registration Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Michelle Forbes » Battlestar Galactica » Cain's relationship with Roslin (At every level you'd like to analyze.)
Cain's relationship with Roslin
ArkadyDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:10 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Michelle Groupie
I shouldn't be shy about opening the first conversation about our Admiral, right? love

So here's the first thing that got to my mind at this very second: what do you think about the two of them? It was via fic that I started to think about them more deeply but since then I've discovered what a great couple they could become (either as sexual partners or just friends).

To me, Cain and Roslin are so alike, it's a shame they didn't have time on the series to know each other a little bit more, to get to the point where they would start bending and working together, even starting to appreciate each other (although I suspect they already did, at a deep level).

I asked Mary McDonnell about the subject on February (when I had the chance to meet her) and she said she would also have liked a lot to explore their relationship more, because they had so little time. And, honestly, if the writers had decided to let Cain live a few episodes more, I'm sure Cain/Roslin relationship would have marked the main plot line and they would have made the series even much more interesting than it was after her death.

Message edited by Arkady - Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:12 PM

NanoukDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:21 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Webmistress
No you shouldnt be shy, you however should be ashamed that its a Cain/Roslin topic LOL (kidding).

I've read the fics, I've tried the fandom. I just can't fly with it.
Roslin and Cain are fundementally different and therfore would never work. Roslin's idea's about right and wrong are SO different from Cain's. They're both really strong women yes for sure but I dont think you can really compare them (leadership wise and personallity wise). If Cain would have lived, i dont think they would have ended up working much together since Roslin was already plotting to kill the Admiral:P (so much for true romance LOL).

For me I would have loved to see what would happen if Gina didn't kill Cain. Would Roslin have made Adama kill her, or would she have tried to coexist? To Cain, Roslin is a joke for a president. One of Cains epic faces is when she figures out the secretary of education became president and Adama trying to assure her that 'shes come a long way'.

Again this is no diss against either one of them. I really love Roslin character she is just REALLY awsome. I just don't see Cain and Roslin work out, not even on a friendly level.

ArkadyDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:52 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Really? Personally, I never remember that part where everyone is trying to blow everyone up xD because it was such a big mistake on the writer's part I can't see it as in character for any of them.

Anyway, if you think about Roslin's personality, I can't imagine she wouldn't try to get along with her -after the first encounters, remember how she started with Adama?- And as for Cain, I'm sure she'd get to the same conclusion: she'd have a lot more to gain by getting Roslin to her side than fighting her.

(I wasn't talking about 'fics' in general, but about one I wrote -RPG- that totally got me. It's hard to see your idea of a relationship exactly written by another hand.)

If Gina hadn't killed her, I don't think there would have been another attempt of murder by any of the parts -at least at the beginning, once is enough for the day lol.

And about "the secretary of education": I believe Cain's reaction is to the 'teacher' she believes Laura is, because they didn't know each other so she can't know how she really is, what she'll be able to do or if she's any more good than an old lady talking about civil wars. It's the time they'll spend together what will bring them close. ;p

NanoukDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 3:57 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Group: Webmistress
For me the problem isnt in Roslins character.
Like you said, her and Adama were not really friendly from the start BUT, that unfriendlyness was more Adama's fault and not Roslins.
And I agree with you that I think Roslin wating Bill to kill Cain was .... a little out of character for Roslin. I mean I LOVE hard-ass Roslin (remember the Baltar interogation... AWSOME!). But Cain wanting to kill Adama is not so much out of character. I mean she shot Belzen who was not only her XO but her friend... so she wouldnt have too much issues with shooting Bill.
Well Cain DID know that Roslin was the secretary of education cause she remarked that herself (to Adama in that scene). Which didn't lead to a Cain happy face LOL. But she didn't know that Roslin had 'come a long way'.
Personally I dont think Cain would have put in much effort to create a relationship with Roslin. To her Roslin is more of an annoyance, a school teacher who keeps jappin' about supplies for civilians while Cains only objective is WAR and 'getting supplies to civilians' is at the bottom of her list of priorities. However, I do think that IF Cain would have given Roslin a chance (of which I seriously doubt she woud...) she could have learned a thing or two from her.

ArkadyDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 10:13 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Quote (Nanouk)
But Cain wanting to kill Adama is not so much out of character. I mean she shot Belzen who was not only her XO but her friend... so she wouldnt have too much issues with shooting Bill.

I'm just saying I don't think Cain would have made that decision at that point, I mean: Adama's not really a problem here, he has to obey her command, he's a good officer (so he will as long as it's not killing his own people) and he's a softy (and I'm sure Cain is smart enough to know this kind of things ASAP).

Another reason I don't think she'd ask Fisk to do it at that point is that her more extreme decisions were made in moments she was very angry and/or feeling vulnerable. Remember Belzen defied her when she was trying to pull it together, get the rest of Humanity to a good end and lead everyone making them keep their minds. And then, after Gina made *that* to her... People didn't matter anymore, everyone could make a sacrifice if it was necessary. I don't see Adama as this kind of thread, I don't see his death as something Cain would think to be needed. That's the reason it's out of character for me.

And concerning Roslin: she wouldn't put much effort to create a relationship with her, but she would see she's the way to Adama and once they are trying to live together and run the fleet (Cain would also learn she needs Adama to have Galactica's people favor), some kind of 'good' relationship would have to be established for the shake of both parts.

And yay! For me, Cain and Roslin could make and awesome team if they were able to get to that point together.

(OMG, I love this kind of 'quote' where you can directly select the text and it works! lol)

Forum » Michelle Forbes » Battlestar Galactica » Cain's relationship with Roslin (At every level you'd like to analyze.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Site menu

Login

Statistics

Latest Blogs
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Michelle Forbes greets fans at Newsroom Premiere at Archlight in Hollywood (1)
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Kristin & Michelle Award Bino (1)
[2011-09-19][Michelle updates]
Emmywatch: The Killing, actor Michelle Forbes (0)

Latest Pics

Latest Forum
  • Pretty ladies topic (70)
  • What's on your mind (366)
  • The Michelle Fix (346)
  • American Girl (21)
  • Michelle Forbes with her fans ( Real Photos) :D (70)
  • MIIICHELLLLEEE MIISSS YOUU (1)
  • Last movie/series you watched? (112)
  • What made you laugh today? (20)
  • Your news today! (244)
  • Emmy's (4)

•  
    Copyright MyCorp © 2024
    Free web hostinguCoz