Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Michelle Forbes » Movies » Kalifornia
Kalifornia
NanoukDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 6:14 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant general
Group: Webmistress
Screenshots are ONLINE:)

So, I put myself through the torture of watching this movie again! I still didn't like it LOL. Though I do now know why the rating is 16+ There is actual nudity in there that I didnt notice before! And... well... I am kinda shocked blink Ill be okay in an hour or so....:P

ArkadyDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 10:56 PM | Message # 17
Sergeant
Group: Michelle Groupie
You didn't notice de nudity?? xD They're some of my favourite scenes! (Wonder why.)

I, in fact, liked the movie. It's not a piece of art to be remembered, but I liked Michelle on it, I like Brad's character, I even liked a bit David's character and his relationship with her (and I loved some of the scenes... at the beach, on the room, with the pictures). It's not my kind of story, but still, I could watch it again.

VickyVampireDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 5:04 AM | Message # 18
Major general
Group: Moderator
I don't remember if I saw Kalifornia on screen or at home, I was so mesmerised with Michelles on screen presence,even though they say Brad Pitt stole the .movie, I hardly the noticed the other characters. Yeah ,Brad and Juliette country bumpkins characters were quite corny. I bought the dvd a year ago and have since watched it quite a few times. What can i say it was the movie that introduced me to her.

NanoukDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 8:50 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
@Arkady if you haven't seen this movie in Blu Ray, you've seen nothing yet when it comes to nudity:P

I just have an issue with extreme dumb characters. I can not stand those. not in real life, not in film LOL.
Plus I have the idea that everything thats rated as a decent movie on IMDB I utterly HATE and everythiing that is rated as complete crap, I totally love! :P

ArkadyDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 5:11 PM | Message # 20
Sergeant
Group: Michelle Groupie
Quote (Nanouk)
if you haven't seen this movie in Blu Ray, you've seen nothing yet when it comes to nudity:P

Where are the Blu-Ray's being sold, you say? lol

I can't stand Juliette's character, but the rest of it is kind of interesting, in a way.

Oh! I had forgot, I must link you to this beautiful picspam: http://leucocrystal.livejournal.com/168692.html

Don't you already see it in another light? biggrin

BartManDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 5:30 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Group: Bart-Lord
I'll never see that movie in another light tongue

it's currently ONLY on blu-ray in the Benelux, not even an UK release I believe, America gets one next month or so.

Trust me, again what Nanouk said, you haven't seen it, untill you see it in HD... I... Was... Shocked...
The HD Is not for the best...

NanoukDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 6:07 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
I do always love pic spams smile
And with this light it is a bit better. In general the movie is better without SOUND (Juliette's voice in this movie... HURRRLL).

VickyVampireDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 6:52 PM | Message # 23
Major general
Some more thoughts on Kalifornia, I give the movie a b- but really liked it. I enjoyed the intense scenes where Michelle is trying to tell David her strong doubts about this Early character, of a bit predictable Davids totally oblivious about till its too fraking late. Yes meerkatlady, I loved it also that she was a photographer. good luck on your photo journey. The movie became memorable to me also cause in one scene Michelle is reading a book Sex,ART,and AMERICAN Culture essays by Camille Paglia my now favorite lesbian writer.

NanoukDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 7:07 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
True true, I agree with that.
For some reason Michelle always appears to be the smart one in a movie.
She sees trouble coming from MILES away, yet people dont seem to listen to her characters.
Perhaps we can add this to the 'Top 10 lifelessons by Michelle' : LISTEN TO HER!

VickyVampireDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 5:18 AM | Message # 25
Major general
I read what leucocrystal said on live journal about Kalifornia and how lovely,the colors are and wanting to make love to the colors.I feel the same way about The Twilight ,NewMoon and Eclipse Movies the story is not that great and I,ll watch anything with a vampire theme. The colors,atmosphere and gorgeous Robert Pattinson is why I,m compelled to watch them.

BartManDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 12:08 PM | Message # 26
Major general
well that's just crazy :P

a movie has to be good, colors are outside your window, but a movie must be compelling, entertaining, like a good book. if it fails to entertain, what's the point.
Kalifornia did not just fail to entertain, but also succeeded in annoying the hell out of me! tongue

VickyVampireDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 11:52 PM | Message # 27
Major general
I'm an artist I'm totally obsessed with color ,nature,painting or movie, regardless liking the subject matter,the colors can take you to a beautiful transendent place thats all. tongue tongue tongue

Message edited by VickyVampire - Sunday, 2010-07-18, 0:15 AM

BartManDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 0:25 AM | Message # 28
Major general
true, totally agree with you in that. although, not in this movie.

a rainbow is beautiful, a rainbow painted in a redneck trailer with spraypaint, is crap :P the last one is kalifornia tongue

VickyVampireDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 0:26 AM | Message # 29
Major general
Hot damn,I'm going to get kalifornia in blu-ray. wink smile

BartManDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 0:41 AM | Message # 30
Major general
we paid 15 euro's for it! :P
worth it... though for those few scenes... now it lies in my closet... locked... I'm afraid it will eat me when I sleep...

Forum » Michelle Forbes » Movies » Kalifornia
Search:

Site menu

Login

Statistics

Latest Blogs
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Michelle Forbes greets fans at Newsroom Premiere at Archlight in Hollywood (1)
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Kristin & Michelle Award Bino (1)
[2011-09-19][Michelle updates]
Emmywatch: The Killing, actor Michelle Forbes (0)

Latest Pics

Latest Forum
  • Pretty ladies topic (70)
  • What's on your mind (366)
  • The Michelle Fix (346)
  • American Girl (21)
  • Michelle Forbes with her fans ( Real Photos) :D (70)
  • MIIICHELLLLEEE MIISSS YOUU (1)
  • Last movie/series you watched? (112)
  • What made you laugh today? (20)
  • Your news today! (244)
  • Emmy's (4)

•  
    Copyright MyCorp © 2024
    Free web hostinguCoz