Main Registration Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Michelle Forbes » Battlestar Galactica » Admiral Cain and President Baltar (the end is neaarrr!)
Admiral Cain and President Baltar
NanoukDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:23 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Webmistress
So, picture this.
Cain DID have Adama killed.
This lead Roslin into a fury againt the Admiral, which we all know is a pretty BAD idea. So, Cain has Roslin killed aswell.
Baltar becomes President....

I had a very cool discussion about this on a BSG board.
Do you think Cain would have accepted Baltar as a president?

BartManDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:33 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Bart-Lord
I don't think that Cain would've accepted leadership from anyone that even shows a little bit of doubt whatsoever.
Baltar will never stand up against Cain, just out of pure freight, even though he has a higher rank than Cain.

If Cain killed Adama because of different thoughts, killed President Roslin, she would certainly kill Baltar.

She would NOT go for presidency herself, but she has to be sure that the president can put grudges, ethical and moral reasons aside to make the best decision for survival of the human race.

ArkadyDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 1:57 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Michelle Groupie
Are you for real? xD Baltar as a president? If only to make anything she wants with him, because he seems pretty useless to her. I think she'd prefer to have him as scientist and nothing more, that way she could have him happy and get anything from him without compromissing anything important.

I don't think she'd kill Baltar, because he's no real thread to her, but I'm not sure about what kind of president she'd like (other than one that agrees with her).

NanoukDate: Sunday, 2010-07-11, 4:00 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Group: Webmistress
Baltar was vice president so yes, Baltar would have become president if Roslin had died at that moment smile
Cain would have loved to court martialed right the SECOND she met Roslin. So I think she'd do the same after she ordered her execution.
But lets say she didn't. Cain did respect Baltar a LOT more then she did Roslin. So perhaps his life would have been safe a bit more longer. Also because he provided quite some information on the Cylons, and If Cain values one thing, its intell.

As for what kind of president Cain wanted.... I think she prefered a dead one wink

ArkadyDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 9:55 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
You're probably right about Cain wanting no president alive.

But I don't get all of your words, I mean, I wasn't talking about Roslin. lol

Anyway, yeah, she respected Baltar more than Roslin at the beginning but I'm sure she would change her mind once she got to know them a bit (in fact she already noticed Roslin was dangerous in the short time she had, didn't she? and she began to suspect Baltar maybe was a genius but that wouldn't mean he wasn't stupid).

BartManDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 10:30 PM | Message # 6
Major general
She respected Baltar because he was doing his job.
Roslin has never meant to be President, she was a school teacher! That's one of the biggest problems of Roslin in Cain her eyes.
Cain needs her intell, just like she needs her laundry to be done, and her toilet to be flushed, but neither of the people who take care of that, should be president.
A president should be someone with leader skills, and in Cain her eyes, it's someone who can kill 100 people, to save 10.000.
Baltar would doubt way too much (just as shown as when he WAS president), and I think Cain would hate him even more in that job than she does Roslin.

I don't think it's personal, Cain doesn't get personal, she's down to business. If you can do what you do, you're ok. When you can't do your job, or doubt in the heat of battle, you're dead, whatever kind of personal affection she might have had for you.

So, she would kill Baltar when he doubts during presidential decissions.

ArkadyDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 10:42 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Quote (BartMan)
and I think Cain would hate him even more in that job than she does Roslin.

So, she would kill Baltar when he doubts during presidential decissions.

Point 1: I agree, Baltar deserves so much less her respect than Roslin (doesn't matter if he'd follow her will more than her).

Point 2: I'm not so sure about this point. See? For me, it'd be much easier for her to make him do what she wanted (Baltar is easy, he's a coward, he would do anything necessary to survive).

BartManDate: Monday, 2010-07-12, 10:50 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Cain doesn't manipulate people into making decisions that they don't agree. She's not the subtle type.

you can either handle your job, or you don't.

Baltar handles his job as scientist
Roslin handles her job as a teacher
Neither handles their job as president, and Cain can't have that. She cannot even miss the time to push the president into fulfilling her wishes, she doesn't even need that.
She showed that, when you stand in her way, she'll just shoot you, no matter who you are, she doesn't need presidential agreement.

Forum » Michelle Forbes » Battlestar Galactica » Admiral Cain and President Baltar (the end is neaarrr!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Site menu

Login

Statistics

Latest Blogs
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Michelle Forbes greets fans at Newsroom Premiere at Archlight in Hollywood (1)
[2012-06-25][Michelle updates]
Kristin & Michelle Award Bino (1)
[2011-09-19][Michelle updates]
Emmywatch: The Killing, actor Michelle Forbes (0)

Latest Pics

Latest Forum
  • Pretty ladies topic (70)
  • What's on your mind (366)
  • The Michelle Fix (346)
  • American Girl (21)
  • Michelle Forbes with her fans ( Real Photos) :D (70)
  • MIIICHELLLLEEE MIISSS YOUU (1)
  • Last movie/series you watched? (112)
  • What made you laugh today? (20)
  • Your news today! (244)
  • Emmy's (4)

•  
    Copyright MyCorp © 2024
    Free web hostinguCoz